Wednesday, May 24, 2017

What did it take...?

It took what it took...

But, more specifically, it took 3 people to tell me 3 different things, at 3 different times...

In chronological order.

First, was a friend of mine who told me that I had alot of shit to work through...

Or something along those lines...

The point being? I didn't want to hear that shit!! I was doing just fine, thank you very much. But deep down, I knew she was right...

Second, was a fellow who woke me up out of a weed, beer, whiskey, red wine....hang over, pounding on my counter, yelling at me, "Do you know what you problem is?!?!"....

...and he never said.

But I knew...

It wasn't until the next time...the next time it happened(the black out, multiple personality, asshole comes out)...when he made a comment about..."the next time"...

Hopefully the next time doesn't come.

Last, but not least, it was 4 words that did it. Four words that rang in my head for days...It rang for days because it's what I told myself while being locked up for 4 those months, 17 years ago.

"Grow the fuck up!"

Each time, it was like a slap in the face, or a head butt to the mouth in some cases.

It took what it took.

It's time to grow the fuck up...again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment